The HomeDepot.com and Home Depot both have different return policies, a customer can return items within 90 days. Customers can return online purchases to the stores. Here we mentioned home depot return policy in detail.
Let’s start with
Home Depot Return Policy
- The customer can return items purchased from homedepot.com to any retail stores nationwide. (Alaska and Hawaii non-UPS returns must return to retail store.)
- The credit will be done immediately and no shipping charge will be deducted.
- For quick processing, your return, bring a copy of confirmation email or the packing slip that comes with your item to the store.
- Additionally, there are various methods for return directly to .com warehouse. Follow these four easy steps to return online order.
- For return to the Distribution Centre, along with item include the last section of packing slip (return information).
The refund will be done in the original form of payment.
- If the customer returned the item to the store, the refund is done at the same time and no return shipping charge is deducted.
- The return at .com warehouse, the refund is issued after receiving the product at the warehouse.
- The shipping charges will be refunded if there was an error on the homedepot.com site.
Note: The items can return within 90 days of purchase except as per HomeDepot Return Policy Exceptions. The Live goods and products with flammable liquids or gases (hazmat items) must be returned to stores. Please read the complete home depot return policy Exceptions.
Home depot Return Policy and exceptions
For damage and items: any damaged or missing items must report within 30 days of delivery by calling 1-800-430-3376.
Return the products that have Hazardous Material: The items and goods that have flammable liquids or gases, due to safety hazards, these items cannot be returned through the mail even if the items drain the materials. This list includes items like lawn mowers, leaf blowers and items with flammable liquids or gases. It is advisable to return products with hazardous materials to your local Home Depot store.
Live Goods: products like houseplants, perennials, trees, holiday trees, wreaths and garlands are counted in Live Goods. If these items are damaged or dead, call on 1-800-430-3376 within 3 days of delivery and Home Depot replace at no charge.
Generators: The generators must be returned within 30 days of delivery. Report within 30 days if a product will found damaged.
Note: The whole house generators and stationary generators are non-returnable and non-refundable.
Gift Cards: The Home Depot Gift Cards are non-returnable and cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash (unless required by law), check or credit. Gift Cards may not be used as payment on any credit or loan account or for Tool Rental deposits.
Consumer Electronics: Televisions and Computers must be returned within 30 days of delivery.
Furniture: The Furniture must be returned within 30 days of delivery.
The product that is damaged or defective, report within 30 days of delivery.
Major Appliances: The major appliance damage product must be reported within 48 hours of delivery on 1-800-455-3869.
The product is handled by 48 hours through the local Home Depot store’s Special Service Desk. Bring a copy of the sale receipt with you.
Gas Powered Equipment and Tractors: Gas powered equipment and tractors must be returned within 30 days of delivery.
John Deere tractors will be repaired under manufacturer’s warranty, contact homedepot.com Online Customer Care team at 1-800-435-4654 for more information between 6 a.m. to 2 a.m. ET, seven days a week (closed Christmas Day).
Wallpaper and Flooring Samples: Wallpaper and flooring samples are not returnable. But, if you receive an incorrect sample, call 1-800-430-3376 for replacement.
Paint Return Policy: If you are not satisfied with your interior and exterior liquid paint purchases, bring the paint and receipt to store within 30 days of purchase. The Home Depot correct it by providing a comparable can of paint.
Utility Trailers: Utility trailers are not returnable.
Custom Products: Custom made products like paint samples are not returnable. If you get wrong sample call on 1-800-430-3376 for a replacement.
Home Depot return policy for store
Returns with 90 days of purchase and with a valid sales receipt will be exchanged, refunded in cash, credit into account or refunded via The Home Depot store credit.
Home Depot Return Product Exceptions
- Purchase made with store credit, gift certificates and gift cards refunded as store credit. Store credit cannot be used to purchase Gift Cards.
- The Gasoline-powered equipment may be returned within 30 days of purchase with valid sales receipt. After 30 days, the item may send out for repair at customer’s expense, if it is not covered in the warranty.
- The special order returns subject to a 15% restocking fee. Cancellations may subject to a 15% restocking fee. For more details visit the Special Service Desk at your nearest Home Depot store.
- For cash purchases, more than $1,000 may be refunded with mail check. The checks are mail from The Home Depot’s Store Support Centre in Atlanta, GA.
- Receipts for purchases with credit, debit or check lasts for 90 days in our system. Ask for a store associate to check it up.
- The Home Depot reserves right to limit or refuse the return of merchandise at any time for any reason.
- The Items purchased from The Home Depot U.S, The Home Depot Canada or The Home Depot Mexico may not be returned across the borders.
- The returns after 90 days in Massachusetts and Connecticut and after 120 days in Rhode Island from the date of purchase with a receipt, the Sales tax will NOT be refunded. Customers only credited with a purchase price of item(s).
Note: The exchange of merchandise have not to effect of this rule.
- Customer Agreement Purchases must be returned to the same store location were originally purchased.
- The returns are not available for Custom made products and custom tinted paint, utility trailers, Gift cards, Gift certificates and Store Credits.
So this is the information of homedepot.com and Home Depot return policy for different products.